View Single Post

Old 01-25-2011, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Bundesarchiv changed their captions!

Can we go back in time a few posts, to the Bundesarchiv colour slides of the crashing Po-2? I noted in passing that I would write to the Bundesarchiv, and the answer just arrived very swiftly indeed. They have in fact changed the caption of the series. Here's the email:

Quote:
Dear Mr Ohlsson,

many thanks for your mail, your analysis and your interest in pictures of the Federal Archives.

Unfortunately, due to small staff resources, the large number of images and in some cases the complete missing of original captions, mistakes can't be completely excluded.

Sometimes the original texts and datings which are included completely at the images are incorrect too. Because of this we are also grateful for every note.

We added a new "archive title" to the photos Bild 169-0111 OR Bild 169-0112 OR Bild 169-0113 OR Bild 169-0114 OR Bild 169-0115 OR Bild 169-0407 ("Sowjetunion, Ukraine.- Abschuss / Absturz / Notlandung eines russisches Ausbildungs- und leichten Bombenflugzeugs Polikarpow Po-2, deutsche Soldaten bei Untersuchung").

I also think it's a serie, but we can't be sure, why the russian plane crashed down and that the photograpfer of the first five photos can be seen on "Bild 169-0407".

Many thanks again,
Best regards,
i.A.

Dr. Oliver Sander
The new title of the series would translate into something close to: "Soviet Union, Ukraine - The shooting down of / crashing / emergency landing of a Russian trainer / light bomber Polikarpov Po-2; German soldiers are seen examining it."

Which seems eminently correct and proper; this is what can be said with some certainty. Very nice to get such a friendly and clearly interested response.

Leif

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 01-25-2011 at 07:42 PM.