View Single Post

Old 01-25-2011, 09:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson View Post
Thanks Chris, Don, for watching over me. Yes, Don, I'd very much like to see this built as well. But I've done some serious thinking of what I'm up to, actually.

It seems I'm a tinkerer much more than a builder, although I enjoy the little building I do very much as well. To boot, I have little perseverance. This is not a good trait, and that's why I'm actually very well pleased with having brought some bright idea to some sort of completion.

I think you're too hard on yourself, Leif. At the risk of sounding downright silly, these things turn out to be a LOT of work. You'll recall, I'm sure, the last project I discussed with you, some six months ago now. I'm still working on it and almost near the end: nearly 350 parts on 9 pages and 8 pages of assembly diagrams at this point, with a few important bits left to do. I really had no idea when I started . . . .

I'm not going to tell you that you should build the Po-2, but if you do there's nothing wrong with doing it in fits and starts over the next year or more. I got into a bad habit of throwing away stalled projects after they had sat in the closet for a few months. I wish I hadn't - it seems like it'd be kinda nice to take a break from the thing I've been working on for so long and be able to finish up something else. Might clear the head.