View Single Post

Old 01-30-2011, 05:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
This is for both the intrepid builders.

First - they both look very good.

My first intoduction to the towns was the ABC Magazine. The whole kit was published in fortnightly parts for goodness how many years. I started subscribing near the end so I was pleased when the "book" was published.

I finished the first town, and the rest is still in the book.I glued the outline sheet to a base and keep the individual buildings in a box - much easier to transport!

Next, a word of warning _ I'd had enough of the kits after the first building. It also made me realist that Mr Richard V has a very small "pallet" of graphic. He uses the same ones for other kits - Including The Leaning Tower of Pisa and Tower Bridge!

Finally, a tip. The buildings have some colourful flags. I used quite wet glue to glue the two halves together and this gave me the chance of making them "limp". Too many times I've seen flags that look a if they are in a 100 mile an hour gale;-)

For flag masts I discovered, while out with my daughter when she was shopping at her favourite "Bead shop". The bits I bought looked like long thin nails - I think they are used for making hanging ear rings. The interesting thing is that they are solid silver ! I painted them with enamel paint (mat wood). I put them in place but didn't glue them until the town was complete - that way I could ensure they were all facing the right way! I also used them - this time gloss black - as the poles for the street lights. You will also note that I cut out the bits between the "rings" then glued the flag together with the pole in place.

So, the best of luck with both the builds - Will you be making the scenery as shown in the poster in the book?

Cheers
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Old City Number 3!-img_0098.jpg