View Single Post

Old 02-02-2011, 09:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Work started-Day 1

Work started this evening

Started by cutting out the fuselage pieces. Nothing unusual here. However, I have to keep in mind that since no interior is built, some of the tabs do not need to be notched or separated ( more pictures later ). Of interest is the numbering system. Part 1 is in the center with 2 and thru 7 going aft and 8 thru 16 going forward. As long as you track it and compare to the sketch, it is OK.

Ron's B-17G Beta build by Isaac-dsc09204.jpgRon's B-17G Beta build by Isaac-dsc09206.jpgRon's B-17G Beta build by Isaac-dsc09209.jpg

I also, glued all the ribs and formers on card stock. I used Krylon’s spray adhesive to make it easy.
Ron's B-17G Beta build by Isaac-dsc09207.jpgRon's B-17G Beta build by Isaac-dsc09208.jpg

A note of caution on this spray. It is to be used in a well ventilated area when spraying, or in a spray booth ( as shown ). The vapors get everywhere otherwise and it smells.

So far got thru sheet 3 with some parts not yet cut and waiting in a tray.

Next, I will glue the tabs to each part. That will be next.

I lucked out with the ice storm here in Cincinnati. No power outage. Sorry Boats, you now have to use your supplies from the commissary. Keep worm and hope you get the power back.

That is all for today.

Isaac