View Single Post

Old 04-04-2011, 12:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I found a little time and actually got this one finished! I wound up with a few extra pieces, none of which were shown in the diagram and I cannot figure out where they would have gone. The alignment on the sides and posts was most challenging. And while there are a few imperfect lines and klunky joints (all my fault, not the designer's), the overall effect is quite satisfying to me. So much so that I may be inspired to read the Verne novel again.
There's no illustration as to how the Steam Elephant hooks up to the Steam House, so I just used some jewelry chain through the spreader bar.
This was definitely a No Joy or Comfort build for me, but I'm very glad I did it. It was a good move to try something a little ambitious outside my comfort zone, even if it did take me a couple more years to finish than I expected!
Chris
NC&J:ABC Steam Elephant/Steam House-img_4614.jpgNC&J:ABC Steam Elephant/Steam House-img_4616.jpgNC&J:ABC Steam Elephant/Steam House-img_4618.jpgNC&J:ABC Steam Elephant/Steam House-img_4619.jpgNC&J:ABC Steam Elephant/Steam House-img_4620.jpgNC&J:ABC Steam Elephant/Steam House-img_4621.jpgNC&J:ABC Steam Elephant/Steam House-img_4622.jpgNC&J:ABC Steam Elephant/Steam House-img_4623.jpg