View Single Post

Old 04-10-2011, 08:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Stick a Fork in it -It's DONE!!!!

Well it's been a long two and a half years in the making and it's FINALLY DONE! Just in time for Army Heritage Day next month. Sorry I got lazy with the build thread but I only had a chance to work on little bits and pieces when time permitted. I have to thank Greg Perry (modelperry) for all his help answering questions and showing me the way throught the difficult parts. Without his help it would still be a pile of pieces. My overall impression of this kit is good I would recommend it to more advanced builders who have had a kit or two under their belt. The illustrations for some of the parts were very poor to say the least. The part fit was pretty good overall there were only a few issues but nothing major that could not be worked out with a bit of creative thinking. The most difficult thing about this kit was definately skinning the turret. This was probably one of the most difficult things that I have done todate in my paper model building career. Thank goodness for Model Master #4842 OD green, an exact match!!!! Well that's it. Please enjoy.

PS. I'll post some better pictures as soon as it get a little nicer outside.
Attached Thumbnails
GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0054.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0055.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0056.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0057.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0058.jpg  

GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0059.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0060.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0061.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0062.jpg   GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0063.jpg  

GPM M4A3 Sherman-pict0064.jpg