View Single Post

Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 53.52 MB
Thank you all for the comments! The hair is carefully striped cuts on a larger form, but yes, essentially. The entire figure is much more simplified forms, easier to cut out and easier to assemble (although more time investment in some ways).

The release will be within a few days. I have about 5-6 hours of instructions to write up and then I'll post her up, hopefully in the next few days.

I have found a lot of paper modelling focus is on mechanical or architectural things. While those interest me, I'm happy to focus my design efforts on the figurines, which as you say, is lacking in the medium. I've never really been fond of 'standees' although their simplicity is appealing.

The official purchasable release will be with neutralized textures ('barbie-style' at the risk of invoking the Mattel intellectual property gods). 'Correct' textures will also be available upon request (and affirmation of age).

Tirick