Thread: Newest Model
View Single Post

Old 05-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Newest Model

I just finished making a model of the Reichstag in Berlin. I enjoyed working on this, my 36th model, but it sure had a lot of small parts of moldings and cornices plus 40 little urns/vases around the top and 16 small statues. You can see this model as well as all of the models that I have made on my web page www.cathedralquest.com and clicking on "church model" and going to the 3rd page of models. ( I wouldn't mind if you read all of my travels. I am now working to complete the description of Germany 2007).

We are planning another cathedral quest in the near future. We have had our plane tickets and hotel reservations for several months. For security reasons I would rather not say when we are going. This time we are spending almost a month in Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Kutna Hora, Budapest, Vienna, Melk, and Salzburg. I like to make models of the places that we will see before taking the trip. By the time I have finished a model, I know the building quite well. I make reference to this on my first page of www.cathedralquest.com . So far I have finished in addition of the Reichstag, the Berliner Dom, St. Barbara's in Kutna Hora, St. Stephens in Vienna and Melk Abbey. I just started St. Vita in Prague (which is another story). I also have purchased the models to make: Frauenkirche in Dresden, the Dresden Opera House, the Prague clock, Brandenburg Gate, Sanssouci in Potsdam, St. Mathias in Budapest, the Budapest Bridge, the Schonbrunn in Vienna, Konigstein castle, Karlstejn castle plus post card models of Klosterneuburg, Votivkirche - Vienna, Scottenkirche-Vienna, Kreuzenstein, Schloss Belvedere - Vienna and Technische Museum -Vienna. Do you know of any models that I have missed???? When I finish these, I have 22 other models to make of churches that we have already visited. So you know where I am going to be for a LONG TIME. When I finish all of these models I will have 70 models in my study plus about 18 post card models. I may have to build another room!!

Paper modeling is great fun and very relaxing. Now I must get back to St. Vita cathedral in which only has instruction in Czech. It does have good drawings.

Please visit my web page www.cathedralquest.com