View Single Post

Old 06-08-2011, 10:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Charles, if I do another one after (I hope) finishing this proof-it-can-be-done build, I will try adding a few superdetails like built-up leaf springs. I agree with you that after building up a set of leafs using superglue, the load-bearing strength is unbelievable. A few more pics of continuing progress...the exhaust stubs were fairly easy. The grill/radiator assembly was pretty straightforward, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out the purpose of some of the tabs....so I just cut off the ones I couldn't figure out. It may come around to bite me in the heine later, but I should be able to fake it when it happens. It looks as if it is possible to make working 1:24 scale working piano hinges. The real ones I made back in school metalshop were lots easier than these are proving to be...but with a little help from superglue and not rushing things, it can be built by a guy with moderate building skills. The hinges really are functional...they work quite smoothly.

Prudensio Alpha Romeo-61.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-62.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-63.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-64.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-65.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-66.jpgPrudensio Alpha Romeo-67.jpg