View Single Post

Old 06-16-2011, 02:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
CSS Selma gunboat, 1/250 scale

Another half started project from my old computer!
This is a long and skinny gunboat. Originally the Florida, a civilian transport boat before the war, she was acquired by the South in 1861. She was cut down considerably and "Hog braced" with timber frames, and had the mid section of her deck covered with 3/8 inch boiler plate to help protect the boilers and engine. Se was painted a blackish color and armed with four large guns, three smooth bore shell guns and a long rage rifle. I have but one picture to work with, but I think I am close to the look of the vessel. She was captured after a stubborn fight at Mobile Bay, then put to work by the Union.
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Selma gunboat, 1/250 scale-css-selma-post1.jpg   CSS Selma gunboat, 1/250 scale-css-selma-post2.jpg   CSS Selma gunboat, 1/250 scale-css-selma-post3.jpg   CSS Selma gunboat, 1/250 scale-css-selma-post4.jpg   CSS Selma gunboat, 1/250 scale-css-selma-post5.jpg  

CSS Selma gunboat, 1/250 scale-css-selma1.jpg   CSS Selma gunboat, 1/250 scale-css-selma2.jpg   CSS Selma gunboat, 1/250 scale-300px-cssselma.jpg