Thread: TinPaper Tanks
View Single Post

Old 07-06-2011, 09:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickstef View Post
Actually Joe, you can download right now, file has been approved
Great! Thanks, Rick.
A little background, if anyones interested. I got into creating the TinPaper tanks because I have a collection of antique tin tanks I picked up over the years. The simplicity of these toys (even the wind up ones) fascinates me. YOu have to use you're imagination when playing with them and I like that.
I love how colorful and fanciful they can be. The fact that the manufacturer would use the same style for many tanks, just changing the graphics was also interesting.

I created the first one about 1999. I'd set it up on a sheet and made the whole sheet look like an old card toy. I remember thinking how "cool" this was - an old-style card toy. DUH! I had no idea there was a huge world of card modeling out in the world! But it did lead me on to find so much more, starting with Fiddlers Green and going on to so many other great designers and publishers.

I've been finding some of the other files. The art is all created in Illustrator but the pages are compiled in Quark XPress which I no longer support. I'll need to recreate the Quark pages in InDesign or just as individual pages in Illustrator.

It pleases me when others are please at these small models. I'm going to thank John for bringing these back to the front of my brain so I can start putting them out there to be enjoyed.