View Single Post

Old 07-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I have a question. I just made a picture in Adobe CS3. It was 8.5 inches by 17 inches long. I then ran it through my Epson NX420 printer (this is a really good cheap printer). I selected "user defined" and it printed the picture (which was a black line, less than 17 inches long. That seems to indicate, that a lot of printers will print longer than 11 inch pictures so long as the picture you are printing has that as it's dimensions, and you match it in the user interface. The option has never come up until I had a picture stating it was 8.5 X 17 inches long. This would mean, maybe, the average person could just buy some 13" x 17" inch cardstock, and cut it to 8.5" widths. The P.T. boat could have the desired size you make it without having to cut the hull, and the builder would define this in their printer and be able to make the Hull. Maybe people should try this, to see if it works. It could be done by taping paper to that length and using a picture that has that dimensions. I have attached what I used as a test tool. It is 8.5 by 17" in length. Might work and solve some issues. I've tried it a couple of times, it works on Epsons anyways.
Attached Thumbnails
A PT Boat from AirDave?-long.jpg