View Single Post

Old 08-19-2008, 09:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
NCAJC - USS Oklahoma

While waiting for paint to dry, I found my subject for the double-dog-dare challenge. I've taken on the USS Oklahoma (1941 configuration) in 1:200 scale. I am starting with a 1:350 Watkins design. What I finally wind up with is anyone's guess. This is going to be a massive redraw/redesign effort, and is going to take a bit of time even if I weren't up to my eyeballs with the hobby shop. I've run across a fair amount of reference material so far, but am still lacking a set of hull contours....anyone out there (Maurice....hellllpppp) happen to have a url for a set of Oklahoma (or even Nevada) templates? I did get the main deck drawn (300 dpi) without crashing Image Forge, but it is gagging on the file sizes I'm winding up with for the overall layout drawing of the hull....and that is just with waterline drawings. I get the feeling I may have to bite another bullet and upgrade to 4 Gig RAM. If this build does work out, I may start looking for a set of drawings of the 1920 configuration with the birdcage masts, but only if there is a triple-dog-dare challenge by then.