View Single Post

Old 07-29-2011, 05:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I had a doctor's appointment get cancelled so I stole the time to get a little more done. I think the smaller scale stuff is addictive in that way because there's more instant gratification?
1/72 Jeffery Armored Car-img_5196.jpg
The next step was these axle supports. It looks to me that there is a section missing on both the front and the rear pieces that should accommodate the outline of the sides more precisely, but it really doesn't matter as the axles hide it.
1/72 Jeffery Armored Car-img_5199.jpg
Andriy uses an interesting technique for the fenders. They are two layers and the wider bottom layer fits under the body and the smaller section (the actual fender) aligns nicely because of it.
1/72 Jeffery Armored Car-img_5200.jpg
The piece almost just slips into place. I haven't seen or used this technique before and I really like it, especially at this smaller scale.
1/72 Jeffery Armored Car-img_5201.jpg
The next step was to add the basic turrets, which also went well. once glued onto the in place "turner thingie", the turrets swiveled easily. I think that's the least hassle with the best results I've come across.
Andriy also provides a nice amount of detail pieces; hinges and such. But I noticed on the photos that come with the kit that the doors are also slightly raised, so I made additional copies of them to apply. It's coming along nicely and the layered additions make all the difference, IMHO.
1/72 Jeffery Armored Car-img_5203.jpg1/72 Jeffery Armored Car-img_5204.jpg

The fit on everything (except the confusing axle supports) has been great but there are a few mis-numbered parts to watch for. It's fairly evident what they all are, so it's not a real problem. I'm enjoying this build so far!
Chris