Thread: Spray - Boston
View Single Post

Old 08-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Gil, I think the garboard planks are too thin. A gradual widening would leading to them would give the boat a more traditional New England style. Even Weston's inaccurate drawings and other interpretations of the Spray seem to indicate the same. Unless one was building a fiberglass outline of the Hull, then it would make no difference.

I banged out, shapes based on Weston's loft, and they look like the same shapes that you see on the old wooden boats around here (I live in Connecticut, lived in New England all my life). (These renders are horrible and crude but they are just a visual reference to Weston's drawings and other similar vessels I have seen like this).

Now, this is just a technical note, not having anything to do with the incredible Renderings you have posted. It would seem that a boat with the provenance of the Spray would call out for this. This does not mean anything really, but if this is possibly going to end up as the only model of the Spray, it would be nice to see some of the parabolic non uniform curves that made these ships such a wonder, and gave them their strength, and made people wonder, "How did they know how to do that?".
Attached Thumbnails
Spray - Boston-sp2.jpg   Spray - Boston-sp1.jpg