Thread: Boot Dagger
View Single Post

Old 08-13-2011, 04:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Boot Dagger

Was waiting on a friend this weekend so I designed and constructed a boot dagger using a laminate object modeling technique. However, I also "skinned" the exterior to give it a smooth overall finish. It's modeled after the one shown here. The comparable difference is no holes for the pins and no thickness to the spine along the center of the blade. Nevertheless, it is to the blade, handle, and thickness dimensions specified in the drawing. Actually, I went a little overboard on the thickness. In one of the photos you see my first attempt at it in an improv sheath. That one was slightly under, the second attempt was slightly over but with a better sheath. If I did it a third time that would be the correct number of laminations as it is precisely between those two. The first had 11 laminates. The second had 15 laminates. 13 was the magic number. For the second sheath I used a japanese screw punch to give it the illusion of grommet/eyelet holes.
Attached Thumbnails
Boot Dagger-1.jpg   Boot Dagger-2.jpg   Boot Dagger-3.jpg   Boot Dagger-4.jpg   Boot Dagger-5.jpg  

Boot Dagger-6.jpg   Boot Dagger-7.jpg