View Single Post

Old 08-18-2011, 02:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Stuffed Bears and Other Animals

I'm really stepping out on this one. Yes, I'm a 53 year old man but just like to make things.
Another hobby near to my heart is making stuffed bears (not real ones, of course!)
I started about 14 years ago with a little kit then moved on to my own patterns.

The first bear is approx 30". He has fixed head with jointed arms and legs. He's made of curly distressed German mohair with glass eyes. His name is Edward.

The second photo shoes Bernadette the rabbit. She's made of sparse, distressed German mohair that was dyed to simulate aging (doesn't show in the photo). She also has glass eyes and stands 28" eartips to paws. She is fully jointed.

The bear with the box and little basket is made from thick craft felt with a nice nap to it. I made this for my wife (then girlfriend). In the little basket I placed her engagement ring and then proposed to her.

The last two photos show primitive circus bear toys. The white one on the ball is 4" and the one with the drum is 6" sitting. They're made (again) with sparse German mohair, They are fully jointed. This is a collection I'm working on building. The gold one is stuffed with wood wool, Very hard on the hands, much more than fiber-fill,

All are hand sewn. I have a nice sewing machine but have never learned to use it efficiently. I like the hand sewing anyways. Much more personal.
Attached Thumbnails
Stuffed Bears and Other Animals-edward1.jpg   Stuffed Bears and Other Animals-rabitt.jpg   Stuffed Bears and Other Animals-ring-bear.jpg   Stuffed Bears and Other Animals-cubby.jpg   Stuffed Bears and Other Animals-chester.jpg