View Single Post

Old 09-12-2011, 10:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.

Hello,
With the wrapping up of my Laffley AM80 armored car going well, I decided to give this a try. Thanks to some great plans drawn up by John Wallis I was able to make the digital model of the CSS Louisiana as she may have looked when completed. I will do a three ship collection, containing the ship as designed, as built, and as John Wallis envisioned her as she made have looked if the British would have taken a more direct roll in helping the South build new ironclads ad finish those under construction in 1862.

This was a real boxy ship, and never really was destined for successes. It was over complicated and never had hall of it's machinery working at the same time. however, with better engines, good screw linkage equipment, ad some other changes, the project could have been salvaged. But time ran out.
Thanks again to John Wallis for his help with this monster!

CT
T
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-css-louisiana-built-post3.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-css-louisiana-built-post2.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-css-louisiana-built-post.jpg   CSS Lousiana full hull, 1/250 scale.-css-louisiana-built-4.jpg