View Single Post

Old 09-19-2011, 08:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Smile

Hi guys

I got some really shocking news - of the positive kind - yesterday so I am all over the place today. 33 years ago I was an officer in the Brit Merchant Navy for a period of 3 years. During that time I was in the officers pension scheme. I forgot all about it until last month when they contacted me and told me I could draw my pension now that I am turned 60. I thought - right, there's probably about £20 in it. But I applied and yesterday the statement of benefits turned up. Took me a while to get off the floor. Now I will be able to buy that laser cutter I thought I would never ever see in a month of sundays. Will be able to start a very small business with cutting and engraving, glass etc - but more importantly can make kits of the miniboats I have been designing.... Chaos theory in action .... a thirty year old forgotten decision comes to play a vital role in my and Henny's future (she asked for a course in using it for cutting patchwork patterns and of course I agreed), The funds will not turn up for another month and there are practical things to do before then, but hey - that's part of the dream..