View Single Post

Old 09-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Wow, that was an excellent explanation. If I could offer a bit of advice for someone who wanted an incredibly diluted and simplified statement on where to start, start with a BLACK and WHITE Gray scale. The best way to adjust a color TV or Monitor is to start with Black and white, then move on the colors. If the shades are wrong in the gray scales, you will never get the color right. If you were so far off on your monitor, that you needed to get to a "starting point" before you started the serious calibration, the color Red is the best way, this goes for TV's too. Make sure the Red color never bleeds past the edge of the object that is colored red. By lowering the over all color settings like this, you will get close enough to start. If you don't start with Black and Gray scales, you will spend a lot of wasted time.

Ultimately, you have to print out something to check it. Someone told me once that color and your preference was subjective and that is why Monitors and TV's have these settings. They are not. each color has a frequency and you may have a preference, but that is all it is (which means much) but calibrating your monitor can "teach" you how to see colors. That's why this tutorial, the links that Gil gives, can be very important. Especially if you putting in the unmentionable amount of hours that some of thee models take to build.

Temperature controls on TV's were there to compensate on how the different Cable/Satellite companies were broadcasting, and to be honest, they have really made life difficult as it seems the printer manufacturers don't give a "Hoot" about matching what you see to what you get. There is a person on this forum who is probably the absolute authority on this kind of stuff, and if he rang it, a lot of information could be brought to light.

Thanks Leif, that took a lot of work. This should (with my posts excluded) be a "Sticky".