View Single Post

Old 10-01-2011, 02:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
[QUOTE=Leif Ohlsson;243393]Abu (?), welcome here!

Thanks, Leif and thanks for the link! I just purchased and downloaded it.

Quote:
A word of advice? Beware that you build up the wings a bit better.
I should admit right up front that I'm not a card-modeler...though I have bought a couple of the Fiddlersgreen card models before. And I have seen some very impressive card models. Actually, I'm into WWI RC scale. So far I've stuck with 1/6 scale, for example my SE5a and Sopwith Snipe seen in the attached photos. But I'm considering doing a 1/4.1 scale Strutter (with a working 7-cylinder radial engine) and I've been studying up on color schemes. This set of card models seems like a nice place to start.

Quote:
Instead the bottom wings each had a section closest to the fuselage which was horizontal (no dihedral) where the flaps of the aircraft were located. Flaps on a WWI aircraft is another unique feature of the Strutter!
Actually, they weren't flaps; they were air brakes to be used after landing. They could be lowered manually to a full 90 degrees. Most pilots, however, found that deploying these air brakes made the aircraft behave strangely on the ground, so they just ignored them...or in some cased removed them.

Abufletcher (aka "Don")
Attached Thumbnails
1/48 Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter kit-se5a-5.jpg   1/48 Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter kit-back-cropped.jpg