View Single Post

Old 10-05-2011, 06:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
I was curious enough about the Poplavko design to find an image of the Jeffery truck and overlay the images. It looks as if Poplavko used the original chassis and running gear and wrapped armour plate around the chassis.
The cab of the armoured car must have been very cramped inside - it's not much larger than the original driver's position on the Jeffery truck and had a gunner(s) and two Maxim guns plus ammunition.

I mentioned the Poplavko-Jeffery model was mostly an essay in making rivets - a while ago I bought one of those MicroMark embossers when it was heavily discounted and the $A/$US was favourable. There's a fair learning curve with this tool but I think I'm starting to get it. One of the things that works is to fill in the rivet impression with acrylic varnish with a fine (00) brush. If the surface tears, as it sometimes does, then touching up the rivet with edge colour acrylic works well because the rivet has been pressed to the correct shape. My next project is the Orel T-18 tank which has masses of rivets. This looks to have been designed by Alex Horsh of KV-2 fame (papermodels-bg) so it should go together well.

Regards,

Charlie

Last edited by CharlieC; 10-05-2011 at 06:39 PM.