View Single Post

Old 10-13-2011, 09:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
To all,

Now that the Apollo Astronaut(s) are finished, it's time to get to the next level of card/paper modeling - a few words before we get started:

The complexity of the CM is staggering. All of the detail is INSIDE of the model. This makes for a real challenge; how to put all the detail inside, yet design the model so that it can be de-layered to display the innards.

I have solved this problem in my mind's eye; I'll just have to let the project unfold and see how it goes.

If successful; and I plan to be; I may even be able to design the 3 astronauts strapped in their seats ready for launch! Now that I know how to design them.... Mike Collins was cheated in the last project, and I want to create the 3-man Mission that was Apollo 11.

Because this will be the most complex paper model I have done, there will be many startovers along the way.... and because of this, there won't be a test builder. The build reiterations may be fun for me, but others may see this as an exercise in frustration!

And finally: I envision this to be the project that could put paper/card modeling in the light it deserves. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but what we really need is a project that is so INSANELY bold (like the Moon Missions themselves), that every "plastic" modeler on the planet will have to consider the hobby.

Are you with me??

And as always, constructive criticism and helpful Internet finds will be helpful and welcome!

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...........

Ken