View Single Post

Old 10-28-2011, 08:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol

(Dear moderators: I put this thread on “aviation” because it is an airport and has a small airplane, but if you consider this is best in “architecture” please move it).

I found this little diorama a long time ago, and had it printed since July (along with other models). But only this week I could devote some time to it.

I know it is extremely simple, and not precisely outstanding, but I really like the result.

The Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, built in 1928, and the house of the oldest airline in the world: KLM.

The template is from Nieuwe pagina 1 it is a free download, and the PDF consists of two pages of parts, plus two pages of history and assembling tips (in Dutch).

Besides the building, the template includes parts for a small and simple model of the famous “PH-AJU” Douglas DC-2 flown by KLM.

It is easy and fast to assemble it. Here are my photos:

From the dimensions of the DC-2 model, I believe the scale of this model is approximately 1:300, but I’m not sure if that’s the real scale, since there are no indications about it.

I had never built any architectural models before, and I liked it. I’m starting to like it a lot.

I also enjoyed to build simple models. Sometimes it is really necessary to go back to the basics!!

There's also a photo with my phone to show how big it really is.
Attached Thumbnails
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol-rub_amsterdam_01.jpg   Amsterdam Airport Schiphol-rub_amsterdam_02.jpg   Amsterdam Airport Schiphol-rub_amsterdam_03.jpg   Amsterdam Airport Schiphol-rub_amsterdam_04.jpg   Amsterdam Airport Schiphol-rub_amsterdam_05.jpg  

Amsterdam Airport Schiphol-rub_amsterdam_06.jpg   Amsterdam Airport Schiphol-rub_amsterdam_07.jpg   Amsterdam Airport Schiphol-rub_amsterdam_08.jpg   Amsterdam Airport Schiphol-rub_amsterdam_09.jpg   Amsterdam Airport Schiphol-rub_amsterdam_10.jpg  

Amsterdam Airport Schiphol-rub_amsterdam_11.jpg