View Single Post

Old 11-07-2011, 05:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
I have seen it when they aired it. Interesting stuff and a lot of nice side-stories, as I remember it well.
Only thing is that I always get a bit itchy from those historical Discovery documentaries when they start like: "Will Grissom get out of the sea in time before drowning? You'll see what happened, after the break." Or that story with the explosive charge on board they had to be careful with. Liberty Bell already being on dry land as it aired, trying to increase the suspense by suggesting it still might go wrong with the onboard grenade when they were hoisting the capsule on to the deck. (or was it live? I can't remember..)

Apart from that, it was a very interesting evening when they aired it. The programme was filled with all kinds of documentaries and stuff about Mercury. I taped it all on VHS but I don't have a VCR any more. I guess the tapes are a bit deteriorated now, anyway, having not been played for more than a decade.
I sometimes am tempted to get some of those Spacecraftfilms DVD's but they're quite expensive and I read a lot about the messy mailing service they seem to have.