View Single Post

Old 11-09-2011, 11:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.43 MB
I wasn't trying to be "scorching" just pointing out some VERY obvious problems, especially for someone looking for a "buyer" for his product!

Anybody who'd have the money and WANT to buy a model space shuttle at this scale is GOING to DEMAND that it be at least accurate in proportions.

Despite being painted as one, I am definitely NOT a "rivet counter" and get just as frustrated as many others by folks who are and make a big spiel about it. That wasn't my intention at all.

I was merely trying to point out that, for what the OP was stating (wanting to sell his models) that he might want to do a bit more research and get some better and more accurate specifications to base his builds on if he intends to sell them.

I know if *I* were in the market for a large shuttle model, *I* would want one that was a technically accurate shape, and if the payload bay doors opened at that scale, SOME level of detailing inside it (even if just a half-round "print" of the details and not the fiddly bits themselves.) *I* wouldn't be interested in the OP's "personalized" take on the shuttle design... and I'd bet most "buyers" interested in such a thing would say the same.

Credit where credit's due-- the OP did a VERY nice job with the construction-- it's very clean, well-built, and looks nice. But the "technical" errors (if they are errors) are easily correctible with a little more research and the proper scale information. If the OP intended to create a 'personalized' rendition of the shuttle, he did an excellent job, but I hardly think it's going to appeal to any "buyers" he might be seeking to purchase it... They'll want to buy a model of the NASA shuttle, not the "OP's version" of the shuttle...

Didn't mean to offend or discourage-- EXCELLENT WORK, but you might want to have accurate specifications on your next build, especially if you want to sell them.

Best of luck and keep up the good work!!!

Later! OL JR