View Single Post

Old 12-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by combatmodel View Post
I have a huge documentation for pavehawk for example
I don't plan to give it free. I have a children in the way so I need some money for my family
Free for something of this quality is a bit much, but you can't blame people for asking. I think people don't realize how much goes into making and producing a high quality model. This is why though I have finished the models I have designed, I have not reliasd them because while I could build it, I don't offer much in how I do it.

I have handled, cut, milled and drilled, tapped, virtually every hole on those main and tail rotor systems. the rear retaining planes were made out of solid titanium and had a box dimension of +- .0002", of course, after you were done, and they were treated, they went up to the flight line and were "wrenched" into place. I wrote the program for making that part. The squash plate for the main rotor was a cast piece and the Beryllium Bushing's had to be cut to size after being bonded it, on a manual milling machine. Real pain in the but job only 3 people were trusted too.

To me, in my most humble opinion, this model calls for mixed media. Some of the putties discussed here would be perfect . Having people make paper molds and casting the rotor assembles could be done by layering up the forms. Just an idea. I am sorry if I sound obnoxious. I worked on the prototype Blackhawks and other variants and this brings back a flood of memories! I'll leave you alone now.