Thread: TOS Trek Files
View Single Post

Old 01-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Preserver Obelisk Build.....

I started working on the base and I came to an issue that was easy to fix, for me, but thought that it might not be as simple for others, so I'm going to do a bit of a walkthrough.

1). The alcove that is dry fit, obviously will not accomodate the stairs as they are a bit longer. So, you can either build it with the platform moved to one side as in after Kirk fell down the stairs after accidentally activating the device abd build a box showing the stairs going down into the bowls of the machine, or you can accomdate the stairs two different ways, either by plotting the correction and cutting the stairs down, or by placing the stairs in first, then placing your last parts of the base, or do the same and cut the alcove to make the sidewalls for the stairs.

Note: I did notice that during the build process, I had left out some fiddly bits for the top of the obelisk. I will add those in the final draft and I will play with the textures some more.

I did want to show the obelisk alone and show the height as well as the detail when seen up close, The final texture will look closer to the actual model seen in the screencapture.
Attached Thumbnails
TOS Trek Files-obelisk-23.jpg   TOS Trek Files-obelisk-24.jpg   TOS Trek Files-obelisk-25.jpg   TOS Trek Files-obelisk-26.jpg   TOS Trek Files-obelisk-27.jpg  

TOS Trek Files-obelisk-28.jpg