View Single Post

Old 01-31-2012, 03:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Avery, your design looks good, though perhaps the fore deck proportion is a bit long or the cabin roof is short(?). Ah, scratch that - it is a 'forced perspective' in your screen shots that is distorting it a bit. Must be a something with a "camera" view...

I just Googled a bunch of boat images and looked them over, in general they appear all to be very similar only differing a bit in details. The overhanging cabin/cockpit roof, the trap hoist and davit, washing table / baiting stand, all very close. That is part of the beauty of it - don't have to be too dogmatic with this subject. I've seen 'lefties, and 'righties', don't guess it matters much, heck may even be something that the operator can swap out if he/she wishes.

Throw a bunch of floats on the back with some traps and the boat's purpose becomes unmistakeable.

@ Patrick, there is a section in the forum that goes into various technical aspects of the design tools, methods, etc. you can check out. Some tools are free and some not so much; I've seen Rhino quoted a lot, but there are others than can do the job (some folks use Sketchup, for example, a Google app.) IT all takes practice though, I can attest!

@Mike, you were a lobsterman?
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale