View Single Post

Old 02-10-2012, 08:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Quote:
I recall seeing the same design style used in a comic, described therein as a "Phantom Corsair".
The Phantom Corsair is a unique car built on a Cord chassis in 1938. It has been designed by a Heinz (the king of ketchup!) family member. It is in the steamlined spirit of the time just like the 1934-37 Chrysler Airflow was... and the Beetle! Although, the common car buyer did not like the Airflow look and Chrysler introduced the more conservative Airstream design in '36 to boost sales. I think were going that way, something that has a little of the Cord flavor with some more traditionnal elements... truly I will have to make some sketches this week-end and see what you think and what direction we take from there. Keep sharing your ideas, that is going to be a very fun project I believe! The 1938 Buick Y-Job as an interesting design as well.

Quote:
Quite a wonderful thing...a girl speaking "car."
That is the world I grew in. I make alot of new friend when I tour with my '59 Ford Custom 300.
Attached Thumbnails
Vintage Style Car-corsair.jpg   Vintage Style Car-1938-buick-y-job-concept-car.jpg