View Single Post

Old 03-01-2012, 01:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Me-109 E Adolf Galland - Dragos Repaint - 1/33

Although this kit was already built in the forum, I didn't find it in 1/33 scale. So here's a review.
  • Messerschmitt Bf-109 E
  • Scale 1/33
  • Disign: Marek
  • Repaint: Dragos
  • Bought in: ecardmodels
  • Difficulty: Easy
  • Printing: Laser
  • Paper: Cardstock 120 gr, matte

The kit comes with 7 pages> one for the cover, 4 with model diagrams, one with General. Galland bio, a page with 2 building diagrams and a description of the Me-109 planes. The ZIP file that you get when you buy the kit includes 2 PDF files of the same kit, but one doesn't have the swastika. The building diagrams are simple, and there are some details not well depicted. I cut out the rudder and ailerons. The airframe is butt-to-butt, and there is no strips to attach each fuselage cylinder with the next one, but the kit has very good fit.

I didn't find information on this particular aircraft. I found others for Adolf Galland, but not this in particular, so I think he used this one early in 1940, as later that year he used an "Emil" almost totally white, and after that the Mickey Mouse pic was added. Besides, the rudder shows 16 victories only.

PROS: Very nice design. Good proportion. Good details, even there are too little of them.

CONS: When I put the fairings in each wing, the lower part of the image of the Hippogriff is cut. Poor details on the cockpit interior (I added some from a Zarkov's kit).