View Single Post

Old 03-07-2012, 01:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
I took a break from the XP-72 and returned to building random P-82 assemblies. This is the rear of the left "fuselage" and vertical tail. If I have not mentioned it before, this model has "detailed" and "simple" options regarding the control surfaces. I opted for the simple version which presents the ailerons, rudders, elevator and flaps as non-moving integrated parts of the appropriate larger assembly. The detailed option has separate, moveable control surfaces - maybe on one of my future builds.

Getting back to the photo...excellent fit with the exception of the last fuselage bulkhead before the tail section (just forward of the seam that splits the "6".) Whereas all previous parts had been cut on the line with no problems, bulkhead A14 needed to be cut about a line's thickness OUTSIDE the line in order to get a snug fit with the skin.

The fin tip, leading edge, two small transition pieces and the large, triangular fairing above the "buzz" number all use butt joints between the pieces. I considered using joiner strips fashioned from typing paper but found that (with care) they are not necessary and good results can be achieved by building it as designed.

All in all the construction of this element was straightforward and well-designed. I am returning to the XP-72 beta for a bit...then some more back here.

P-82/F-82 from Gremir - Not a build thread-02-006.jpg