View Single Post

Old 03-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Patience ..... no.

Thanks, Les. I figure they had one too many Taurus I rockets go boom, so renamed what is a completely different design.

So, trying to get all the bits of the MSL mission together since it seems to be up to me (though let's thank Jules at paper-replika for another option for the Curiosity Rover).

Rover (1:12 scale) is posted in our downloads and at lower Hudson Valley.

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-curiosity01.jpg

Cruise stage and aeroshell (1:48) were drawn to meet a request and are posted at Lower Hudson Valley.

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-05-mslcruise.jpg

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-06-mslcruise.jpg

And now, another caricature. No dimensional drawing so it's just eyeballed off of photos (and ended up about 1:20 scale I think).

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p1010008.jpg
As we've been discussing, the basic structure is a hexagonal box (mostly sheet sides with lots of strutwork inside), four thruster outriggers (sheet structures), and a forward outrigger (struts) for the radar altimeter.

Yogi's builds - to boldy glue, where ...-p1010017.jpg
Normal NASA styling includes lots of boxes&etc. stuck on where needed for balance.

So far, outriggers may be just a bit too long, the thruster angles need some more work, scale needs to be confirmed, radar altimeter housing needs to be reworked, various "stuck on bits" need redrawn for accuracy and detail, ... OK, let's just say we're not done yet.

Yogi