View Single Post

Old 11-23-2008, 09:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
More work on the undercarriage. First picture is all of the bits that go around the wheels themselves. Springs, spring hangers and brake shoes.

Second pic is the SMFFM being kind for once. A close up of the wheel all together. Probably the last anyone will see of it, as there are armoured covers over them that will come next. I also added the aft underbody armour plate and the snow-plow/cow-catcher/bulldozer/partisan scraper to finish up the underside.

Next after the side skirts (but no curb-feelers - bummer) will be the buffers and couplers. One observation is that this car has a set of conventional buffers on the front and a unitized semi-permanent coupling on the back. I know these trains were kept together as units whilst in operation, but I wonder if that caused headaches transporting elements around, and during the near constant shuffling of componants during refits.
Attached Thumbnails
NCAJ Panzerjaegerwagen 1:25 (GPM)-ncaj-panzerjagerwagen-016.jpg   NCAJ Panzerjaegerwagen 1:25 (GPM)-ncaj-panzerjagerwagen-018.jpg   NCAJ Panzerjaegerwagen 1:25 (GPM)-ncaj-panzerjagerwagen-019.jpg