View Single Post

Old 03-17-2012, 10:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.67 MB
Ooooo that book's on sale :D Uhhh now to pry money from the wife's fingers..........if you don't hear back from me by..................... :P

I sure wanna see that Wildcat plan That Sparrowhawk will most likely be a display model so the Dumas one may stay, though Mike's is mighty tempting being one of my favorite planes of all time.

Slow prog. on tissuing. I can't do my normal fast method here. I normally get a piece going on top, bottom, left and right as I go to keep moving. On this one I'm almost having to do 1 piece at a time, shrinking as I go with each piece also. That way if it snags or wrinkles too bad I strip it right then and there. A lot of nips to comform to the curves as well.

Both wings and stabs are covered now. Most of the hard areas on the fues. bottom are now done, should pick up for the rest of the bottom. Top will be harder than the bottom was :P

I'm using a cotton swab to wet the tissue of each piece on the Fues. for precise shrinking. Note the wing and stabs are kept upside down to dry when shrinking each side of the tissue. They have a fairly hard curve towards the rear and I find a harder curve thends to have snags in the tissue as it shrinks. It's pretty much imposible to re-wet and release those snags so you'll be stripping it off and re-trying. Leaving them upside down lets it sag and it pulls itself back up as it dries and shrinks making the snag far less likely. Snags could still happen so I monitor the shrinking and gently nudge if needed to keep it from grabbing.

G1
Attached Thumbnails
Stick and Tissue XP-67 Moonbat-03170101.jpg   Stick and Tissue XP-67 Moonbat-03170102.jpg   Stick and Tissue XP-67 Moonbat-03170103.jpg   Stick and Tissue XP-67 Moonbat-03170104.jpg   Stick and Tissue XP-67 Moonbat-03170105.jpg