View Single Post

Old 03-18-2012, 11:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Much work done on the shroud today. All the small bits and pieces went on and the idea I had for securing the closure of the shroud halves worked: two small rings, both glued in both halves of the shroud top, in which fits a metal dowel from an IKEA Billy bookshelf (yes, this has become an IKEA-hack). There still are some ugly bits here and there, a far from perfect fit due to what I have done with it and impatience here and there. But it also is because the camera can get really close now and show all irregularities in this build. I'm not afraid to show them to you, but you also know that when seen in real, these irregularities are hardly visible. The seam has been beautifully camouflaged with the strip along the edges. The Soyuz still fits very well into the payload bay and now the shroud closes up very nice.
On top and around the dowel I plan to make the escape tower. That's something for tomorrow or later. This is how far I got today.
Attached Thumbnails
Soyuz FG "Gagarin" 1/96-soyuz-fg-gagarin-75.jpg   Soyuz FG "Gagarin" 1/96-soyuz-fg-gagarin-76.jpg   Soyuz FG "Gagarin" 1/96-soyuz-fg-gagarin-77.jpg   Soyuz FG "Gagarin" 1/96-soyuz-fg-gagarin-78.jpg   Soyuz FG "Gagarin" 1/96-soyuz-fg-gagarin-81.jpg  

Soyuz FG "Gagarin" 1/96-soyuz-fg-gagarin-85.jpg   Soyuz FG "Gagarin" 1/96-soyuz-fg-gagarin-86.jpg   Soyuz FG "Gagarin" 1/96-soyuz-fg-gagarin-89.jpg   Soyuz FG "Gagarin" 1/96-soyuz-fg-gagarin-91.jpg   Soyuz FG "Gagarin" 1/96-soyuz-fg-gagarin-92.jpg