View Single Post

Old 04-22-2012, 09:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 46.13 MB
GPM Prince of Wales, 1/200 waterline model

Hi friends,
After a long time gathering courage I started today with the 1/200 GPM Prince of Wales.
I decided to build the model as a waterline model because of two reasons: the first is that all other models I've seen are full hull models, and secondly my other two ships (the 'De Ruyter' cruiser and 'Schleswig-Holstein') are waterline models.

I'm also thinking of placing the ship in the water, will try to create a baseplate that resembles the ship slicing the ocean. Maybe with Japanese bombs missing the ship closeby :-)

I thought it a good idea to build the ship on a baseplate for rigidity. Slight problem: when I create the 'water' using paper mache the ship should be removed from the base plate because the paper mache is created using water.
So I decided to screw the ship from below onto the baseplate with small screws. This way I can remove the model easily and simply attach it later on.

Since my last post I built the Mosquito FB VI. I enclose some photographs on a seperate thread :-)

I am aware that my photographs leave much to be desired. Do you have tips to enhance them for this site ??
Attached Thumbnails
GPM Prince of Wales, 1/200 waterline model-p1000151.jpg   GPM Prince of Wales, 1/200 waterline model-p1000153.jpg   GPM Prince of Wales, 1/200 waterline model-p1000156.jpg   GPM Prince of Wales, 1/200 waterline model-p1000155.jpg