View Single Post

Old 05-01-2012, 04:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
It would seem the difference in sizes between the Ford and the Wz 34 is about 30%.

Corey, just a small question my friend.
In your drawing of the halftrack Wz 34 you show upturned tracks, somewhat similar to the Kegresse-derived M3 Halftrack of the US. This would correspond roughly to the Kegresse "D" pattern of tracks, which was Licence-Produced in the USA.
In the photo you show two Wz 34 halftracks, one of which, nearest the camera, is equipped with Kegresse "C" pattern tracks (Spoked Driver and Idler), and the other, to the Ford's left, is equipped with Kegresse "B" (Solid Driver and Idler) pattern tracks. Neither set of tracks appear to have upturns to them, both seem to be driver and idler wheel flat to the ground, in the same manner as the Kegresse originals, even though the tracks in the photo are most likely License-Produced by the Poles themselves.
So, my question is, where did the upturned "D" pattern tracks arise from with the Wz 34 vehicles?

I'm not trying to nit pick or be critical of your design, Corey my friend, I'm just extremely curious about the tracks, because it would be the first time I've ever seen Kegresse "D" pattern tracks outside US employ during that era.

Kegresse derived halftrack vehicles have always interested me greatly, precisely because they are the most commonly seen halftracks apart from the German vehicles.

I am certainly very glad indeed a halftrack option will be included in the Wz 34 armoured Car kit.

Kind and Respectful Regards Corey my friend, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.