Thread: Little Boy
View Single Post

Old 05-02-2012, 03:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 942.12 MB
Thank You mbauer for your kind comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
Nando, how big do you think I can upscale this without sacrificing resolution?
I agree with cMags that 1:1 isn't a good choice, although it could be possible to upscale the model without any problem with resolution.
I didn't try to print on A3 sheet the model, but here You can see a compare I did between the pdf file of Little Boy at 841% zoom and the pdf file of my Sopwith Swallow at the same enlargement. The Little Boy pdf is generated from Inkscape and owns the native vectorial format, while the Swallow's pdf is derived from an image file (jpg). I indeed choose to use Inkscape to obtain a scalable model.

Little Boy-image1.jpgLittle Boy-image2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Cycl0ne View Post
Where will this be availible ?
Till now Jonathan kindly hosted my designs on the Lower Hudson e-Gift shop. I don't know where I will share the model at this moment. I spent lots of money on ink and documentation and sooner or later I should try to collect some money. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazziga View Post
Nando, here is just a suggestion for the next project: Tsar Bomba - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Tsar Bomb is ugly, huge, rough, a pure exercise of power and force without any sense, but what has it sense in this field? I prefer complete the Tinian couple, may be with the original trailer.

Here some pics of the dolly in progress

Best, Nando
Fat Man & Little Boy available here

Last edited by nando; 05-02-2012 at 03:43 PM.