View Single Post

Old 05-11-2012, 06:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Not to upset anybody, but the "pistol" photograph in the Speculations in Bronze "Super Machine Pistol" shows a Czech Skorpion SMG as developed for Warsaw Pact Tank crews in the late 1950's.

The only thing done to the Skorpion SMG in the photos is that the usual foldover wire stock has been detached.
I have been interested in the Skorpion SMG for many years, which was why I recognised it so easily.

As the Skorpion is not often seen outside Eastern Europe it makes for an interesting choice upon which to base a fictional weapon. The Skorpion does fire at 750 rounds per minute on full auto, which is why each weapon was most commonly issued with 5 loaded magazines, though rumour has it those who carried them used to carry an extra 5 magazines in addition, also loaded.

However, the above details lead me to ask another small question.
Given that the Thompson SMG drum magazine seems to be in doubt as to availability in model form, what would be wrong with adapting the drum magazine of a PpSh 41 SMG?

One of those PpSh 41 models is available on the Games Weapons Paper Models website, and though I'm no expert, I'd think it might well be adaptable to the weapon that is envisaged being modelled in this thread.

Just a humbly offered suggestion.

Kind and Respectful Regards my friends, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.