View Single Post

Old 05-14-2012, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
@Mike: Thank you, have fun

Hey folks,
ok, let's get started.

1. One thing to mention is, that several parts are printed on coloured cardboard, so you won't have to colour the edges on these parts. Very nice, in my opinion.

2.-5. The usual "framework" for the hull. Frames, stringers and decks are double layered cardboard. I had to modify the frame 14 to make room for the hangar interior later on.

6.-10. As some of the photo etched parts have to be used early on during the build, i dyed them with prime coating spray. Later on, i added more colour to some smaller parts (red on some crane parts, blue on the hawseholes and green on the top of the stairs).

Stay tuned for the hangar interior which will come next

Cheers

Lars
Attached Thumbnails
Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_02.jpg   Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_03.jpg   Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_05.jpg   Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_06.jpg   Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_07.jpg  

Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_09.jpg   Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_10.jpg   Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_11.jpg   Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_12.jpg   Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_32.jpg