View Single Post

Old 05-18-2012, 10:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi my friends,

@all: Thank you for your kind comments, it's really appreciated

Here's another update on the "Maria S. Merian".

1.-2. Next came the rest of the walls 23; windows/bulleyes were cut out and covered on the backside with anti-static-foil (the stuff computer parts are packaged with). This yields a really nice "window effect".
The slim stripes on the wall are supposed to resemble neon lights.
The round photo-etched parts on the bulkheads are deadlights (i hope the translation is correct).
3.-4. The deck 24 and the first photo-etched companionway. I love these details on every model; they add a lot of "filigree".
5. Here's the stern structure 25, you can also see the red life rings 108 on the walls. I suggest attaching them before installing the walls on the decks.
6. Main deck 26 had to be modified with a small notch where part of the hangar collides with it.
7. Deflection pulley 27, right behind the companionway next to the hangar.
8. Upper main deck 28; you can see the "gallery" between the decks 24/28, windows glazed.

Have a nice weekend!

Cheers

Lars
Attached Thumbnails
Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_24.jpg   Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_25.jpg   Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_26.jpg   Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_27.jpg   Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_28.jpg  

Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_29.jpg   Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_30.jpg   Research ship "Maria S. Merian" / Passat / 1:250-msm_31.jpg