View Single Post

Old 06-26-2012, 03:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 42.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrico63 View Post
Hello to all,
this evening i finished the fire hoses.
In the photos you see pieces of connectors, the tube made with a paper straw and the 10 complete fire hoses loaded on the trailer.
I seem to come good...What do you think?
I've been a firefighter for half a year, so I've seen plenty fire hoses. Ours had aluminium (naturally oxidised) connectors. Also, the fire hoses weren't so white as they got dirty during use and weren't washed properly, only rinsed with clear water. And the fabric on the outside have quite a "fabric texture" - especially visible on "used" hoses (old and dusty).
So, except that those hoses are too clean ("just out of showroom" condition) and the connectors too shiny (are those gold-plated?), it looks very excellent .

(by the way, clean hoses still have the fabric texture on the outside, but that's not easy to discern visually - it becomes visible due to the dust/mud buildup that's cleaned only with water, not soap/..., and also due to the chaffing they get in use).
(and sorry for the long post, and I love what you've done with the fire hoses, and this post is not meant to detract from what you've done - it's just that fire hoses unprotected on top of a fire engine would get dirty sooner or later - more probably sooner). And while the firefighters would take great care in cleaning the trucks/cars to shining perfection, connectors would stay in their natural aluminium status (i.e. oxidised), and the firehoses would be mud-free but of a not-so-white colour - somewhere halfway between natural hemp and perfect white colour.