Thread: What am I?
View Single Post

Old 07-02-2012, 06:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 35.0 KB
Don and Ray are right. Reason I choose the F4U-4 is that there is no paper model of it that i am aware of. Robert told me about the Marek version but since Marek and I each serve a different niche of the market I don't think it's a stretch to say that.

Other reasons include the fact that the cockpit and windscreen are the same as the F2G so there is less to modify. Obviously the wings/landing gear and the tailcone and empenage are the same so that's less work for me.

As big a fan as I am of the Corsair I hadn't really studied the -4 till I started this project and although it's not quite as homely as the -5 I'm not sure I like it very much. In order to get better visibility they drooped the snout and then when they added the chin intake it makes the whole thing look a little awkward when looking at it from the side.

If a kit ever comes to market it will probably contain at least 2 versions 1 cannon armed and 1 armed with the usual 6 fifties. Also since Cook Cleland flew -4's in Korea I will probably try and include his personal aircraft just to tie this model more closely to the Supers'.

My models available for sale @ Gremir and Ecardmodels