View Single Post

Old 12-31-2008, 10:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks for the kinds words.

Padre, we old colonels and Navy captains all know that the senior NCOs really run the military and we're mighty grateful and honored to have served with guys like you and Ashrunner and Jim and all the others.

And speaking of old Navy captains, I forgot to mention Old Troll among the "encouragers." Have a great Navy day, Ron!

I also forgot to mention Brian Short -- it's a long story: the CSI Press editor for my book was Betty Weigand; the skilled illustrator who drew the maps was Robin Kern. During the final phases of the editing and map making, I was struggling with trying to produce an acceptable model of the neat little Stinson L-5 that Roman designed for Brian's Alamo Squadron. I noticed that the airplane had the name "Betty" on the nose and asked Brian if he could conjure up another 1/48 scale L-5 named "Robin." He kindly obliged with a USAF L-5 that supported Army forces during the Korean War. The airplane is historically correct, although the one with "Robin" on the nose exists only in a parallel universe. My New Year's resolution (inspired by Lex) is to build more models, starting with the two L-5s so that I can send them to Betty and Robin with much thanks.

Mark: Yes. The book will be available for sale in the leafy papery version from CSI Press. I'll post particulars as soon as I have them.

Don