View Single Post

Old 07-21-2012, 09:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
What makes a good model of a space ship . . . . . .

. . . . specifically Babylon 5 ones.

Although paper models is something I’ve only recently became aware of, I know there’s quite a few kicking around for ships seen in the Babylon 5 tv show.

What I don’t know is, what’s regarded as the most technically challenging to build (and why is that). Are all models scratch builds or do kits exist, if so who produces the best ones. I’m assuming due to the materials used there will be a size limitation, is that correct, or can techniques be employed (much like in resin builds) to strengthen the larger models. Do exhibitions exist, how long can they take to build, and what separates a great model from an OK one . . . . . . . . and where can half decent photo’s be found of them. ; )

After checking with the builders of course, it’s a subject which I’m thinking of adding to a “what fans get up to” section on an existing reference site on the show, and will be sitting beside interviews with a dozen or so Emmy award winners, production concept art etc.

Although the site already exits, I’m using this facebook page to play around with possible additions to it, including various fan based modelling – lego, resin, 3D, plastic kit , etc. and paper of course.

Babylon 5 - Some behind the scenes stuff | Facebook

Any info would be helpful to this newbie to the subject. ; )

Cheers