View Single Post

Old 07-30-2012, 08:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Finally! After several half starts and getting a bit side tracked this little guy is about done. It looks like two pages of parts not counting the display base, and I got to day, it is a nice looking little boat. There a a few small parts, and a lot of parts in general. I am finding thatthe gunboats require much more "things" then do the ironclads to make the models look right. The one thing not seen is the wheel drive shafts that would be about ankle high running across the two hall ways. Rather these would have has some sort of wooden or brass step over them or rather they were left exposed I do not know, and the model has neither as they would be unseen anyhow. But for those who are detail oriented a simple bronze colored box or a little set of steps place in the open hall ways would do the trick.

When said and done we should be looking at well over 100 parts. And again, this is a small model so it is well detailed!

I will be looking for an enthusiastic test builder soon!

CT