View Single Post

Old 08-01-2012, 07:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Thanks guys. I am excited about this one. A new member on the forum has offered to build it. He is learning a lot about paper still (aren't we all) but this will be a good test of my kits. I should have the PDF worked up today, instructions and all, and sent off tonight. Maybe soon we will have a build thread going.

This is one mode that will likely end up here in the downloads. Not because I do not think it could sell but because I have so few US ships in the downloads compared to those Rebel buggers! Also, I have a whole pile of models I am just itching to get over at Ecards.

I have been doing well this week through chemo session 9, better then expected, and my house is quiet with all the kids gone and my cats are now officially out door cats now. So I may actually try and build something! Feeling good-plus empty house-plus no indoor cats...hum, sound like a model build to me! (my cats actually like being porch sitters, the lazy buggers!)

If any one else wants to give the Thomas a go just PM me, as you all know I like to have a new model built up by more then one builder. Perspective from multiple folks is always good, as well as suggestions along the way.

Also, if anyone has the need to build big, this would make an awesome 1/72 scale build, and a good diorama, as the crew of the Thomas went ashore a lot during the war, cutting telegraph lines and generally making things difficult for Johny. Some of those 1/72 plastic figures painted to look like a shore party getting ready to do it's thing would be an awesome display of build art. I wish had the skills. When I was young I used to be able to paint them little guys. These days, not so much! I would consider beefing up the scale for anyone willing to try such a thing. Again, PM me. I am thinking a lot of balsa wood for support on something like that.

Just a thought.

Have a good day y'all.

CT