Thread: Baja Challenge
View Single Post

Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Baja Challenge

Hi all,

I wasn't sure where I wanted to post this thread, but I decided on putting it here in the Other Things forum.

This past Saturday, my brother and I went to the Rausch Off Road Park in Tremont, PA.
And we visited with Legendary Excursions, for their U Drive Baja experience.

I found a discount offer on Groupon, and bought the offer.

After the initial paperwork, and helmet fitting(XXL for me), we got in to our steed.

During the laps I drove, the car kept cutting out, come to find out that the radiator was empty, and there was an electrical issue that even killed the car so it didn't have a spark.
After the radiator was filled, and after the tow back to the yard, and getting the electrical issue fixed, the laps my brother and I, did were an absolute blast.
We hit a couple of water hazards, and got promptly soaked, good thing we had a change of clothes with us.

I will post some of the pictures I took on Saturday, later this day.

Now of course I want to tie this to paper modeling, hence the 3 view I posted.
If anyone cares to create a paper model of this, scale and detail level is left totally to the designer who decides to tackle this one.
If you need to google additional images, search for Wide Open Baja Challenge Car.

Would I go again, YES!!, in a heartbeat!

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo