View Single Post

Old 08-31-2012, 10:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsquirrel View Post
I learn all kinds of interesting things here in the forums. Who knew there was that much going on behind the scenes just for hood decals?

Thanks for sharing that Dave. Little tidbits like that help to train my eye for detail when examining reference photos.

Steve
Agreed, lots of interesting info! I tend to go for what I like, whether it's factory or not There are lots of neat things to see in the custom car world; I collect photos by the bunches On the other hand, factory tends to have more collector value and, from a modelling standpoint, probably more accurate.

Some other OEM and custom hood decals:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
160gsm paper for laser printing, sealed with fixative. I'd prefer a bit lighter paper, but the printing service didn't give me much choice (and regular 80gsm office paper for prototypes and such).

The black/gold combination looks awesome! Time to make some "ground effect" extra parts perhaps?
Perhaps... Ground effects wouldn't be difficult to add. On this particular car I always thought they looked better without them (first thing I did on the '84 was take them off, the '83 didn't come with them so no hassle there). But to each his own; I'm probably outnumbered